This publish may have affiliate back links. Please read through my disclosure policy.
This Traditional Stuffed Shells Recipe couldn’t be simpler to place together! Created with Ricotta, spinach, and Italian herbs and seasonings covered with marinara sauce and smothered in cheese.
Ricotta stuffed shells are ideal for generating ahead and make a great freezer meal to enjoy at a later on time. Include in a side of garlic bread and a tossed salad for a delicious meal!
Cheese and pasta are just one of these combinations that I don’t consider any individual can refuse. From lasagna to mac and cheese to these stuffed shells, cheesy pasta is just the greatest comfort food!
I stuffed these shells with a mixture of Ricotta, Parmesan, spinach and Italian herbs, but you could combine issues up and add in Romano cheese or other herbs if you like. Have some fresh herbs exploding in the garden? Throw people in instead!
Stuffed shells are excellent for gifting to a family members with a new little one or a person else in need, as they are simple to make ahead, and the creamy, comforting filling makes this recipe a hit with everybody all around the dinner table.
This White Chicken Lasagna and Chicken Spaghetti Bake are far more great make ahead and freezer friendly casseroles!
How to make Stuffed Shells
Stuffed shells are fairly straightforward to make if you have a number of tricks up your sleeve.
Here’s how it’s done:
- Boil Pasta: Somewhat undercook shells (just to al dente). A little firmer is crucial, since they will be baked later on
- Make Filling: Prep cheese/spinach mixture.
- Fill Shells: Fill the shells. Stuffed shells want to bake about thirty-35 minutes or until bubbly.
Suggestions for Stuffed Shells
- Boil shells only to al dente (or even a minor significantly less). If you overcook them, they will fall apart when you try out to things them.
- Use a piping bag or a big Ziploc bag with the tip reduce off to fill your shells — this will get it accomplished so quickly and with significantly much less mess!
- Choose elements you like. If you don’t like basil, don’t include basil in. If you don’t like Ricotta, try cream cheese or cottage cheese!
- Decide on a bottle of marinara with excellent taste and straightforward elements or far better however, make homemade Marinara Sauce.
- For a heartier meal, swap out marinara and make stuffed shells with meat sauce.
- Double the recipe and make a second batch to freeze for later.
How long can you maintain stuffed shells in the refrigerator?
Stuffed pasta shells are perfect for dinner events, busy weeknights and gifting to a new mom or loved ones in the community because they can be produced ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
You can fill and refrigerate these stuffed shells up to 24 hrs in advance, presented all your ingredients are as fresh as they can be. Then, just location in the oven and bake as directed.
How to Freeze Stuffed Shells
Alternatively, you can put together stuffed shells and freeze up to three months.
To freeze stuffed shells, place in the casserole dish as directed and cover with plastic wrap pressing the wrap towards the shells to take away as significantly air as possible. Cover with foil and label. Freeze up to two months.
How to Cook Frozen Stuffed Shells: Defrost in the refrigerator 24 hours. Preheat oven to 350°F and remove plastic wrap. Bake forty minutes or till hot and bubbly. Take away foil and bake an added five minutes.