- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- three/four cup butterscotch chips
- three/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- three/4 teaspoon shortening
- In a large saucepan, deliver sugar and corn syrup to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved stir in peanut butter.
- Eliminate from the heat. Add cereal and mix well. Press into a greased 13×9-in. pan.
- In a microwave-protected bowl, melt chips and shortening stir until finally smooth. Spread above cereal mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour prior to cutting.
I make these all the time, just without the shortening. They are SO Very good. They always go rapidly at my property. Be certain not to boil the syrup mixture to lengthy, or your bars will be tough!
Scotcheroos are one of my all time favorites. They remind me of my grandma! I also do not add the shortening. Just sprinkle the chips in excess of the hot bars, wait for them to commence to melt, and spread with a knife! 🙂
I can not end eating these. I really like them. At times I put them in a 10×13 pan so they aren’t quite so thick and I use 6 oz. each of the chips. I agree, the shortening is needless. My brother is a marine and these travel wonderful and are very well accepted!!
I make the exact same recipe, though I do not include the shortening. I actually don’t feel there is any need for it.