- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons all-objective flour
- one/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- two celery ribs, chopped
- one small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/eight teaspoon pepper
- two cups unseasoned stuffing cubes, crushed
- two cups coarsely crumbled cornbread
- one/two cup chicken broth
- one Eggland’s Ideal egg, beaten
- Place chicken in a greased two-qt. baking dish set aside. In a little saucepan, mix the flour, broth and milk until finally smooth. Deliver to a boil cook and stir for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken.
- In a massive skillet, saute celery and onion in butter right up until tender. Stir in seasonings. Get rid of from the heat add the stuffing cubes, cornbread, broth and egg. Combine nicely. Spoon in excess of chicken mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-forty minutes or right up until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°.
- For gravy, melt butter in a little saucepan. Stir in flour till smooth steadily add broth and milk. Carry to a boil cook and stir for 2 minutes or until finally thickened. Serve with chicken and dressing.
If you’re looking for comfort meals, this is it! I used fresh bread cubes along with the cornbread and rather of layering the chicken I mixed every thing and additional additional chicken broth and an added egg. Be certain to make the gravy that goes with it – it helps make the dish! And I employed the meat from a rotisserie chicken to make it super simple to place together!
I have made this recipe specifically as stated and I have created it with adjustments. If you do not have time to make the “stuffing” component of the recipe, I have found that a box of the chicken flavored stuffing functions effectively. Combine as directed on box and then layer in your baking dish on leading of the chicken. My household likes this dish and I have manufactured it each methods.
When creating this yet again, will alter it by leaving out the cornbread. Other than that, is very really satisfying.
i created this a although back and we loved it! seems like a lot of actions, but was extremely simple and satisfying
I think all sites that enable recipe testimonials ought to be revamped. I thought the level of these was for men and women who really experimented with the recipe.Not commentary or complaints on dietary opinion or elements and cooking methods.Not on this a single exclusively but takes place much more and far more.When you get folks who comment like these it misleads the results. I imagined the recipe was relatively great.A lot of area for personalization. I cant believe men and women left the hostile and rude comments about some thing that was obviously an sincere mistake for whoever it was that place that newsletter out. I dont know when men and women have been supposed to be ideal. I know I am not and make errors.
it was okay – Ihave an additional recipe really comparable to this – excellent to make with leftovers.
This is more complex than it demands to be but is quite good. Knoors can make a turkey gravy mix that is far better than utilizing broth or bouillon. Lastly, I want there have been a way to comment with no obtaining to price the recipe — it skews the outcomes and can make them meaningless.
Great weeknight recipe. I extra chicken bouillon to the gravy and employed much more SEASONED stuffing to change the corn bread. I used raw chicken which cooked nicely throughout the baking time. A lot more onion and celery as well.
I have a comparable recipe, except it calls for cr of mushroom or checken soup rather of broth, and adds mixed veggies. This uses leftover turkey and dressing. Yummy! Reta