For a printable recipe card, click here. It will open a new window (you need Adobe Acrobat reader). It should print out on a 4×6 index card or photo paper. There are two sides, a full-color front and instructions on the back.
In September, I posted about these little mini burgers. They were extremely tasty and worked out well. I meant to go back and do a post on how to make them, but time slipped away. I kept putting it off. And a few days ago as I was going through pictures I had yet to deal with, I found these. “Eesh!” I thought, “How did I let those get away from me?” Well, here they are in all their miniature glory: Chicken & Pine Nut Mini Burgers.
First, get a pound of ground chicken thighs. I find the thigh meat does not dry out so quickly when cooking.
Next, throw in one clove of grated or diced garlic. I’m going to suggested diced to you. Grating it this way ending up being hard to spread around.
Next, it’s time for some salt and pepper. I think I used 1/2 a teaspoon of each (this will teach me to wait so long to do posts again!)
A wee bit of dried basil.
Then a 1/4 cup of plain bread crumbs.
And a 1/4 cup of pine nuts, toasted (but maybe not quite as well toasted as mine are).
I also threw in a few tablespoons of a favorite salad dressing, but didn’t find this really did anything to change the flavor, so feel free to omit.
Mix all together really well. I used a small cookie scoop to form small patties.
Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet on the stove, medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer, place burger patties in the oil to cook. Cook until well browned on each side and cooked completely through.
Remove patties to a cooling rack over a towel, or to a plate lined with paper towels.
Serve with a favorite side dish of yours or my quinoa scramble recipe.
Chicken & Pine Nut Mini Burgers
1 lb ground chicken
1 clove of garlic, finely diced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 cup bread crumbs, plain
1/4 cup pine nuts
1-2 tbs olive oil
Burger Making Steps:
- Place the ground chicken into a bowl and make a small well in the center of the meat.
- In the center of the meat, add the following ingredients: diced garlic, salt, pepper, dried basil, bread crumbs, and pine nuts.
- With your hands, mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Using a tablespoon as a scoop, form two tablespoons of the meat mixture into miniature patties.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet on the stove, medium heat.
- Once the oil begins to shimmer, place chicken patties in the oil to cook. Cook completely through, browning patties well on each side.
- Remove patties to a cooling rack over a towel, or to a plate lined with paper towels.