Please read the updates post for this contest as well. Thank You!
I’ve talked for a little while now about hosting a contest here on Not Exactly Bento. Life got in the way yesterday afternoon, and I was unable to post the contest as I mentioned. However, the time is now. Please welcome yourselves to the 2008 Bento Photo Contest.
It took me a little while to come up with the theme for a contest here on Not Exactly Bento. Then, one day while taking a picture of my current bento I realized what I was going to do.
The purpose of this contest is to share with everyone what you feel is your most visually appealing bento…the bento picture you’ve taken! This is the bento you sometimes think, “Boy, that one was really good. I should do that one again.” Or it is the bento that when you see the picture again you think how great that bento looked and then you begin to salivate.
Here, I have an example to share.
This is a fairly recent bento, but I look at it now and again for inspiration that “yes, I can do this!” I have about 4-5 pictures from the last year of bentos I go back and look at for ideas.
Before you read the guidelines, I’m going to forewarn you…no character bentos. If you’re a frequent reader of this blog, you know that I’m not a cutesy bento person. I just don’t have the imagination or energy for it. Plus, one goal of this contest is to offer up everyday, practical bentos for those of us who use bento for health reasons, portion control, or just because that’s how we prefer to pack our lunches. This doesn’t mean you have to totally give up your nori punches, egg molds, or the like. It does need to be something that I or anyone else could recreate easily enough.
Here are the contest guidelines:
- Choose your best bento picture of a bento you’ve made. It must be a bento you’ve made.
- You may choose a recent bento or an older bento from many moons ago. As long as it is a bento you’ve made, time doesn’t matter to me.
- Each person can submit up to two entries.
- If you have a blog, post the picture to your blog with the above logo and link to this blog. Then leave a comment in the comments section on this blog post with the link to the URL. I’m putting a link to this blog post in the sidebar so it will be easy to find again.
- If you don’t have a blog, you can e-mail me your picture with your name. E-mails can be sent to nebento at eatel dot net.
- Be sure to list the contents of the bento you are submitting.
- No character or kyraben bentos, please.
- Picture must be submitted to Not Exactly Bento no later than August 22, 2008 to be eligible.
After all pictures are submitted, you, my lovely readers, will have the chance to vote on which bentos you think are the most delicious, the most delectable, the most..well, just the most!
The top two rated bentos will win a bento set I showed off yesterday. The top rated person chooses which set they want. The other set goes to number 2.
Let’s make this good people! If this goes well, we’re going to have another bento contest later in the year with a better prize (or so I think). LOL!
Winner will be announced September 1, 2008.