It’s time to get together some OFFICIAL Rules and Guidelines for giveaways and contests here at Not Exactly Bento. Entry into any contest on this website signifies consent to these rules and guidelines.
- Your e-mail address, full name, and other personally identifying information will not be shared with anyone outside of me: Jenn of Not Exactly Bento.
- Personal information gathered at this website will be used only to contact entrants in the event of winning a contest or giveaway.
- E-mail addresses and other personal information will not be shown when winners are announced.
Entering a Contest or Giveaway
- Entrants must be 18 years of age and older, unless otherwise stated.
- Those younger than 18 years of age may enter by getting a parent to enter for them.
- Entrants must abide by all requirements of the contest or giveaway as listed in the official announcement.
- For contest and giveaways where a blog post or tweet is considered an entry, the blog or twitter feed MUST be open to general viewing for the entry to be counted. Jenn of Not Exactly Bento does check all entries for validity and will disqualify any entries she cannot validate.
- Entries must be received by the date and time listed in the official announcement. Late or lost entries are not the responsibility of Not Exactly Bento. Not Exactly Bento reserves the right to shorten or lengthen the official entry period as it sees fit.
How Winners are Chosen
- For random drawings, random.org is used to choose winners.
- It is to the discretion of Not Exactly Bento as to which Random.org method is employed to choose the winner(s).
- For contest or giveaways where Not Exactly Bento reviews entries to choose a winner, Jenn of Not Exactly Bento reserves the right to choose the winner(s) in any way she chooses. (It’s my blog. I’m gonna do this the way that I want.)
Other Rules and Guidelines
- Shipping to entrants will be only to the 50 United States, unless otherwise stated.
- No purchase is necessary to win.
- For contests and giveaways sponsored by a company, this fact will be clearly stated in the official announcement of the giveaway.
- Failure to comply with the requirements of a contest or giveaway is grounds for disqualification per the discretion of Jenn of Not Exactly Bento.
- Not Exactly Bento reserves the right to disqualify entry comments that seem like spam.
- Not Exactly Bento reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that uses spam techniques to enter a contest. This includes but is not limited to launching software, mechanical or elctronic means to automatically enter, entry software, or any other means that allows an entrant to submit entries multiple times automatically. This is prohibited. Any person(s) employing such tactics will be disqualified immediately and risks the possibility of being barred from future Not Exactly Bento contests and giveaways.
- Not Exactly Bento reserves the right to disqualify any entrant that uses any technique to gain unfair advantage or who employs any tactics that may damage the the transparency and fairness of Not Exactly Bento’s event.
- Not Exactly Bento is not responsible for any prizes lost or damaged by any shipping carrier transporting packages to winners.
- Winner(s) are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes, fees, or other monetary assessments associated with their prize winners. Not Exactly Bento assumes no responsibility for any monetary assessments associated with prize winnings. This goes for international custom duties and other fees that might be charged for any international winner(s).
- Contests and giveaways are void where prohibited.
By entering a giveaway on Not Exactly Bento or visiting the site, you release Not Exactly Bento from any liability or cause of action in any way related to Not Exactly Bento’s website, giveaway, contest, or other promotion.